6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 12:50 PM by beverly

Forum problems

siplus

I am not able to interact with this forum correctly.

- Reply does not work (displays javascript:void(0);

- "Like" jumps at thread begin (and gives no like)

- Update indicator does not update and shows nothing

- dropdown menus don't work, they jump to thread begin as well

and so on.

this happens on Safari, Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, all latest versions, on both 10.10.5 and 10.11.3.

The only browser that allowed me to post this message is ... that one, which I should not be using.

• 1. Re: Forum problems
          Steve Wright

Just testing a reply...

I don't seem to be having any issues, using Safari 9.03 on mac and Chrome on Windows, not that I have anything to post about at the moment

Posted using Safari, Edited using Chrome.

• 2. Re: Forum problems
            beverly

You may wish to move this discussion to the space/place where it will get attention of the admins:

FileMaker Community Feedback

your issue is not a product issues, is not a question/discussion and is not an idea. You need assistance on this forum.

if you cannot move the topic (see the right of the screen when you are logged in), then you may wish to create a new topic in the above space/place.

beverly

• 3. Re: Forum problems
              taylorsharpe

I periodically have had these problems, although less in the last 6 months.  I have often had to clear the Safari or Chrome cache to get it to return.  It eventually fixes itself, but poor functionality waiting for it to do that automatically.  Quite frustrating and I know what it is like.  My problems like this started when we moved to Jive from Technet.  I usually just switch browsers since the other browser doesn't have the same cache problem and it works there for a while until the original browser is reset. 

• 4. Re: Forum problems
                siplus

action: deny

direction: outgoing

process: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HelpData.framework/Versions/A/Resources/helpd

owner: me

destination: fmhelp.filemaker.com

port: 443

protocol: 6

What you see above is a LittleSnitch rule that turns the forum functionality into a mess.

The rule was automatically approved.

P.S. To whom it may concern - everything is a discussion.

• 5. Re: Forum problems
                  TSPigeon

siplus:

Thank you for notifying us of this issue. I have forwarded this information to the proper contact.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Forum problems
                    beverly

you said in whole or in part:

everything is a discussion

and it is, however some sections get more attention by the people you wish to see the 'discussion'.

JMHO,

beverly