2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 4:37 AM by CarlSchwarz

Need to make a list layout from two different tables which have

MAKALENG

hi all

i have two tables table 1 is Parent

table 2 is dependents or children

need to create a table layout of customers (which may be either parent or dependent)

who do i make this because they have the same field names like name, surname )

and while there i need to prevent creation of dependent on its own e.i it must always be linked to parent

thanks

• 1. Re: Need to make a list layout from two different tables which have
          okramis

I would think about to put both records into the same table. You can define the parent-child relation in for example fill a field "IDParent" in the child record with the parent's ID. Then creating the list is just a question of sorting the list layout.

If this is not possible, have a look at the VirualList-technic (just search for VirtualList).

Best regards

Otmar

• 2. Re: Need to make a list layout from two different tables which have
            CarlSchwarz

Another technique which may suit this case is to create another table that relates to both tables and use that as your primary table.  It has one record for each Parent or dependant.  That way you have both tables in one list.

In this case I'd be more inclined to do what okramis suggested, but if your solution is far to developed to change the base tables then adding another table over the top is a quick and easy way to get the same result.