AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relating Multiples of One Portal on Same Record?

Question asked by themactech. on Feb 25, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 by AdamGlick

I had a strange request from a department in my office. They want a database to start tracking their vessel shipping jobs and the items on those shipments. Seemed straight forward until they sent me an image of how they want it.

ShippingChart.png

one shipment can contain 3 containers which can contain 10 racks which can contain 4 barrels.

I came up with the image below as a draft of the ERD but where I'm stuck is how to relate/show the muultiple portals of cylinders related to the selected rack on the layout. I was working on a series of slide panels for each possible Rack (using a single portal row and only showing specific rows of that portal (up to 10 racks) and then another portal below that shows the related barrel and use that same portal on each of the panels for each of the 10 racks.

I just can't figure out how to make only the barrels related to that specific rack show in that portal depending on which rack they are viewing.

Maybe I need to create a TO for each possible rack/barrel relationship and relate them somehow that way?

ShipERD.png

I'm not looking for a complete answer.. just a little guidance in how I might want to move forward on this. THANKS!!!

Outcomes