2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 12:45 PM by TonyWhite

Pasting Layout Objects...Font changes from Verdana to Helvetica in just one file

TonyWhite

I have a FileMaker 11 File that has a mind of its own when it comes to fonts...

When I copy Layout objects with Verdana formatted text from another file to this “mind of its own” file...the font changes to Helvetica.

• The same font changing does NOT occur when copying Courier or other Font Faces.
      • Does not happen with any other FileMaker file in the system.
      • I can copy Verdana from this file to other files. It seem to be a one way bug

Nothing against Helvetica, it is a font worthy of  having a movie named after it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica_(film)

It is just that I need to use Verdana for its platform spanning consistency: http://www.goya.com.au/blog/fonts-and-filemaker-continued

Any thoughts on what might be happening, and how I might fix this issue?
      Menu > FileMaker Pro Advanced > Preferences... > Fonts does NOT seem to be the answer.

Thanks.

Tony White

• 1. Re: Pasting Layout Objects...Font changes from Verdana to Helvetica in just one file
          TSGal

TonyWhite:

Thank you for your post.

It's not clear from your post if this is occurring with every layout in the file or just a specific layout.

Once the object is pasted onto the layout, are you able to change the font from Helvetica to Verdana?

Have you run Recover on the file?  If so, were any errors encountered?  In the recovered file, does pasting Verdana objects still display as Helvetica?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Pasting Layout Objects...Font changes from Verdana to Helvetica in just one file
            TonyWhite
            It's not clear from your post if this is occurring with every layout in the file or just a specific layout.

It is occurring when I paste to any/every layout in the file regardless of the underlying Table Occurrence > Table (the scope of the issue seems to be the File)

Once the object is pasted onto the layout, are you able to change the font from Helvetica to Verdana?

Yes. Further, I am then able to copy that same Layout Object and paste to another layout (or the same layout) and the Verdana is retained. The error seems to occurring getting the Verdana formatting into the file. Once it is in the file, it can be copied from layout to layout.

Have you run Recover on the file?  If so, were any errors encountered?  In the recovered file, does pasting Verdana objects still display as Helvetica?

Not yet. Will do soon, and reply back

Thanks.

Tony White