1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 9:50 AM by TSGal

WebDirect Line Height Issue

david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 14.0.3

OS and version: Mac OS X 10.10.5

Browser and version: Safari 9.0.3

Hardware: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Description: A report was made in late 2013 about line height settings being ignored in WebDirect. I assume this bug was reported for FileMaker software v13. I confirm the bug still exists in FileMaker software v14. Is there a known workaround, fix or is an upcoming fix on this issue expected shortly? It is unfortunately a deal breaker for an application I am making.

How to replicate: In FileMaker Pro or Pro Advanced, create a solution with a layout containing a text field 620 points in height (width does not matter). Style the field text according to the following: font - Arial; size - 6pt; font style - plain; line height - 10pt. Ensure the field paddings are all at zero. Save the layout and enter browse mode. Enter 61 carriage returns in the text field - you should end up with 21 lines. The total height of the text content should be approximately 620 points.

Ensure the solution is accessible over WebDirect. Place the solution on a server. Access the solution on a web browser using WebDirect. Select the text in the field. The text height is far less than 620 points.

Workaround: None discovered.