I have the following issue with FileMaker: during execution of a script FMP crashes with following exception:
Process: FileMaker Pro 
Path: /Applications/FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker Pro
Version: 14.0.4 (14.0.4)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? 
Responsible: FileMaker Pro 
User ID: 502
Date/Time: 2016-02-28 11:22:41.135 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: A58A408A-9907-772B-4F90-57DA48D9AB53
Sleep/Wake UUID: C53B9962-8EBE-4605-B042-5829383DFDC1
Time Awake Since Boot: 41000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 280 seconds
System Integrity Protection: enabled
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
My guess is that it has to do with the Print script step, but I am not sure.
The crash occures every time I execute the script, but all other operations in the application seem to wotk fine.
- FileMaker Server 220.127.116.112 running on a Mac mini running OS X 10.10.5. I’m not running the OS X Server app.
- FileMaker Pro Advanced running on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.3.
When digging into the problem, I see the following other issues:
- 1. When I try to upload a file from FileMaker Pro to the Server, I get the error “Connection Failed”. So the FMP client does not seem to be able to connect to the server.
Otherwise, opening files from that server and working with them in FMP works ok, except for the one script that causes the crash explained above.
- 2. I can open the FMS admin console on the server machine itself, but I cannot open the admin console on any other Mac on the network. The browser gives a “connection refused” error.
- 3. In the FMS admin console (on the server machine) I see that the Web Publishing Engine doesn’t stay running. I can start it from the console, bit it seems to stop after awhile. (meaning: the toggle switch is greyed out)
- 4. I tried starting the FMS web server manually with
sudo /Library/Filemaker\ Server/HTTPServer/bin/httpdctl
but that resulted in the error
SSLPassPhraseDialog: file '/usr/local/bin/fmsgetpasskey' does not exist
Rebooting client and server machines does not solve the issue. Not does reinstalling FMS (I start from 14.0.1 and upgrade all the way to 14.0.4a).
What should I do? Reinstall OS X and FMS from scratch?
In various posts I saw that there is a 14.0.4 full installer of FMS? Where can we download that? Would that solve the problem?