3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 8:03 AM by BruceHerbach

FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 hangs.

BruceHerbach

Over the past couple of days,  I have had FileMaker Pro Advanced bring up the Mac spinning ball of death a couple of times.  When I bring up the Force Quit option it shoes FileMaker Pro Advanced as Not responding.  This is running on a Mac Book Air on OS X 10.10.5.  The system is creating two crash reports.  I have attached both of these from the last event.

The last event happeded while I was running a script through the debugger. 

Any help with preventing these would be greatly appreciated.  So far the crashes have not resulted in a damaged file or been caused by file showing corruption.

Bruce Herbach

Herbach Consilting

FileMaker 9 - 13 Certified Developer

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 hangs.
          TSGal

BruceHerbach:

Thank you for your post.

I have sent both files to Development and Testing for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 hangs.
            TSGal

BruceHerbach:

Testing has asked:

1. Does this occur all the time when debugging?  Does this occur when debugging the same script?

2. Are there any plug-ins being used?  If so, temporarily disable them and see if you can reproduce the hanging.

3. Is this a local file or a hosted file?  If hosted, is it hosted by FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server?  What version?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5 hangs.
              BruceHerbach

Hi TSGal,

This may be related to a network/server issue.  I had set up a remote office with a local development server.  Yesterday morning,  I had the network drop the connection to the server.  This may have been the cause of the issue.  At the moment I am back home in my regular office.  So far in this environment no issues.

If the problem happens again,  I'll post any new crash reports.

In answer to your questions:

1) It happend while debugging and editing scripts.

2) I have 2Empower FM developer assistant.  I'll disable it.

3) The file is hosted on a local/Lan Gigabit connected development server.

If this continues problem free I'll have re-think the setup of the remote office.

Thanks very much for looking in to this.

Bruce Herbach