paths on the ipad are different than they are on a desktop / FMPro. Get(FileName) will always return the name of the currently open (and active in the window) file. On an iPad that's usually the only path you need.
Can you post a screenshot of what path you're setting or give us more details?
The server can not import from the ipad. The iPad can not host a databases. You will have to sync from the ipad to the server or place a copy of the ipad database on the server then import from that database.
Free version fmeasysync that requires FMS
This is the path that is returned from the local database running on Ipad
My logic at its simplest for this sync is this
1. Ipad local solution file,
Opens remote file
Calls a script to run on the remote solution
2. Remote Solution finds records assigned to that specific user
3. Local solution imports records and closes remote connection
The above works fine.
Upload Ipad to Remote
1. Open remote file, both solution will be open at the same time, Remote and Local
2. Local calls a script on remote to import from local file. Should be able to point it to the path of the solution on the iPad. And that's where I get stuck. The above upload part works on iMac or PC.
With handling the path, I'm not setting it as a variable. I'm putting it directly into the import script step. I find the path, then update the path in the script step.
Thanks again for your help
Thanks for the info, I see how they get around this problem using a connector file and pushing data through a relationship between both files. Can never be that easy can it.