9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 2:16 PM by ChrisJ

Copying and pasting bringing extra chars?

ChrisJ

Hi all,

Recently upgraded from V5 files to V12 and am running on Filemaker Pro V 14.0.5 on a Windows 10 64 box.

For many things I copy text or numbers out of fields and then paste them into a Dymo label maker program.  Ever since upgrading I've had a strange problem where sometimes, extra characters are copied.

What makes this even weirder is only the Dymo label maker software picks them up.  If I paste into anything else they don't show up.

Some records don't have this problem, where others have the problem with multiple fields.  Some of the extra characters have been "DH" where others were "ps".

A good example is the visible text in the field is "WG2-1" but it pastes into the Dymo program as "WG2-1B5".  I have no clue where B5 came from.

I assumed it had something to do with the text formatting but changing it didn't fix the problem.  I even tried copying only one letter out of the field instead of the whole thing and the extra characters still pasted into the Dymo program.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm copying and pasting electronic component part numbers and more often than not an extra few letters don't stand out until someone tries to order or process the part.