dobunzli

Product and version: Filemaker Pro Advanced 14.0.5

OS and version: Mac OS X 10.11.3

Description

Script won't be copied to another file

How to replicate

- open file "bug_copy_paste_start.fmp12"

- open file "bug_copy_paste_destination.fmp12"

- copy script from "bug_copy_paste_start.fmp12" to "bug_copy_paste_destination.fmp12"

Workaround (if any)

- create manually the if/end if statement in the "bug_copy_paste_destination.fmp12 file and manually copy the content of the if statement from the "bug_copy_paste_start.fmp12" file

• 1. Re: Copy and paste script bug
          TSGal

dobunzli:

Thank you for your post.

Using your file, I was able to replicate the issue.  However, if I create a new IF condition and typed in the same calculation, the script step copies and pastes as expected.  Try pasting the following into a new IF calculation in the bug_copy_paste_start.fmp12 script:

IsEmpty(FilterValues (ValueListItems (Get(FileName) ; "Place_Canton") ;USR_User::USR_canton_cursus)) = 1

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Copy and paste script bug
            dobunzli

Hello,

Thanks for your intervention.

However, if I create a new IF condition and typed in the same calculation, the script step copies and pastes as expected

Yes that is the workaround that I also described.

Problem is that when you are copying multiple scripts from one file to another it will fail because of this problem.

You cannot copy and paste the script in the whole.

• 3. Re: Copy and paste script bug
              TSGal

dobunzli:

The workaround you described is to copy and paste the calculation formula.  I'm saying that the original script step is damaged, and by creating a new IF statement (or, as it turns out, modifying the original calculation formula), you can then copy and paste the script step, and the entire script itself.

Since the damaged script step is the first step, none of the lines will copy and paste.  If you had script lines above the damaged line, then when you select all lines to copy, all would be pasted up to the damaged line.

Once the damaged script step is removed/replaced/modified, then all lines will copy and paste properly.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Copy and paste script bug
                dobunzli

Hello,

Thanks I confirm that this works.

But what was broken ?? and how ?

• 5. Re: Copy and paste script bug
                  TSGal

dobunzli:

There was a strange character in the string "Place_Canton".  If you retype the string, save the calculation, then copy and paste works.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.