2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 1:34 PM by shouse

Hover State Jumping on Windows

shouse

I have a problem with the hover state jumping to another record on Windows. For example, we have a list portal on the left and when selecting a record it will display the details on the right side of the layout. Selecting a record from the list will display the correct details, of the record selected, on the right but the hover state of another record on the list will be active and remain active until a different hover state is activated. I have seen this mostly on Windows computers with touchscreens. The two computers we have in the office are Windows 10 touchscreen computers running FileMaker Pro 14.0.5. I have also seen the issue on a regular Windows 7 Professional desktop without a touchscreen driver running an earlier version of FileMaker Pro 14. If anyone has any experience or advise for this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Hover State Jumping on Windows
          schamblee

You should not have any hover state with a touch screen monitor.  Hover is when the mouse is over a field. With a touch screen hover is not detect you have to select the field.    You may need a refresh window script step.

• 2. Re: Hover State Jumping on Windows
            shouse

Schamblee, thank you for the response. The file was built for desktop use. The problem appears on both of the touch screen computers we have in the office. One is a Surface Pro 4 and the other is a Sony laptop, both running Windows 10. We have other Windows 10 computers in the office that do not show the problem. I have also seen the issue on a clients desktop computer without a touch screen running Windows 7. I will look into the refresh window script step. Thanks