3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 1:27 PM by TSPigeon

Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced 14.0.5 Licensing Issue El Capitan

AnthonyCzupek

When I try to open a 2nd database hosted on Filemaker Server 14 I get an error message: "The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FileMaker Pro......"  The license key conflict occurred with user showing an ip that is not my computer's ip, but my wan ip.  Also, filemaker pro 14 advanced opens very slowly, I'm guessing this is related to the software using my wan ip instead of my computer's ip.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced 14.0.5 Licensing Issue El Capitan
          TSPigeon

AnthonyCzupek:

Thank you for your post.

This does usually mean that another computer has your license installed on it or (as it seems you've found) your computer has multiple IP addresses. If you have both Ethernet and WiFi enabled, you might disable WiFi. This can also occur if your computer is given an IPv6 address along with it's IPv4 address.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced 14.0.5 Licensing Issue El Capitan
            TorstenBernhard

Having both WiFi and Ethernet enabled is a common office-live scenario on a laptop computer.

Even with both network devices enabled, it is still one copy of FMP on one computer - and one license is required, not two. The EULA does not make any restriction regarding the number of IP addresses of the machine on which FMP is installed. There should not be a license conflict because the machine has more than one IP address. Please elaborate.

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced 14.0.5 Licensing Issue El Capitan
              TSPigeon

Torsten Bernhard:

I apologize if I made it seem to be expected behavior. I just meant for it to be a troubleshooting step that could resolve or at least show us where the issue lies, if a second machine is not using the license.

Basically, the Network or FileMaker Server is seeing the same license key coming from two different IP Addresses. It may interpret these two different IP addresses as two different machines. At least, I have seen this happen in the past.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.