AnsweredAssumed Answered

I need help creating reports in an O&G database.... ??

Question asked by kkdunlap on Mar 3, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 by taylorsharpe

I am totally new to FileMaker and have a database that I created in MS Access a million years ago. The individual using this database has now switched to a Mac and FileMaker was the only program I could come up with to try and duplicate it in.  I've got the data entry part of it taken care of so its a simple input screen etc. for them. But I'm not having any luck with getting reports set up.  Here is a screenshot of the data entry screen... I understand to do a new layout I think but I've looked at this so long I've confused myself I think.  Any help would be really appreciated.

I have the columns totaling up in the YTD row and I have the Month Total column totaling up perfect. Just can't wrap my head around getting the reports/layout/script I need of the reports I want to run.

O&G SCREENSHOT.tiff

There will be 100+ records to total up.

1st report - a monthly report listing all properties that would have this listed for each record.

It would look like this...

"month" 2016 summary

Header-             Purchaser/Operator     Prop ID     Lease Name     O&G     Taxes     Bonus     Totals

each property listed w/ info below                         0.00          0.00     0.00          0.00

2nd report by "State" would be a grand total of all the records YTD oil/gas , then taxes, then bonus and then a total of those all added together.

I need to be able to do a report for each state that might be needed.

Example:

2016 Year End By State

State     O&G     Taxes     Bonus     Totals

OK     0.00     0.00     0.00          0.00

IL      0.00     0.00     0.00          0.00    

3rd report - would include grand totals for each State on a separate report

Example:

2016 Year End Totals - IL

STATE          STATE O&G     STATE TAXES     STATE BONUS

IL               0.00                    0.00                         0.00

Outcomes