2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2016 3:43 PM by taylorsharpe

Past Certification Exam Questions

taylorsharpe

FileMaker actively certifies people in the current and the most recent versions of the software, meaning two certifications are always active and available to take. 

What I suggest is that FileMaker consider doing is posting the older certification exam questions, the ones before the active certification exams.  There are a couple of reasons.  One is for people looking to be certified, to see what the test is like.  Another is because I would like to know if there were exam questions I thought I had right that were actually wrong so that I can figure out what was wrong with my choice.  I have to say that after taking these tests, I find some of the questions a bit tricky due to absolutes or weird exceptions.  Actually, my rule of thumb is if I read a question through the first time and immediately know the answer, then I am wrong.  And this usually is true after I review the question and look really closely.  Many of these questions are not trivial and the test certainly is not easy. 

We know the Exam materials come from the FileMaker Training Series (Advanced).  But posting old exams would be helpful educationally as well as to give new people an idea of what the tests are like. 

Do you think FileMaker publishing expired Exam questions and answers is a good idea?  Why or why not? 

• 1. Re: Past Certification Exam Questions
          jrenfrew

Might assume that there is not a lot of commonality between several years of questions. Giving people a shortcut to answers is likely to devalue the whole thing don't you feel?

• 2. Re: Past Certification Exam Questions
            taylorsharpe

jrenfrew wrote:

Might assume that there is not a lot of commonality between several years of questions. Giving people a shortcut to answers is likely to devalue the whole thing don't you feel?

Well, I think we all agree the purpose is to show proficiency.  But learning from your mistakes has value too.  Then again maybe I just have too much curiosity about things I don't need to know about.  Thanks for your comment.