3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 9:35 AM by BruceHerbach

Scripted Data import as a FileMaker Server 14 schedule

BruceHerbach

I would like to run a daily import through the FileMaker 14 schedule service.  So far, I have not been able to successfully access the Filemaker  database from a scheduled script.  I'm getting error code 100, "File is missing".

If I run the script locally,  it works correctly.  The user credentials are the same. 

I have checked the file name and it appears correct.  Here is an example of what the script used: fmnet:/127.0.0.1/FieldManagement.fmp12 or

fmnet:/192.168.2.28/FieldManagement.fmp12.  The script uses Get(FilePath) to capture the server name and puts in the correct file name.

I have also used file:/FieldManagement.fmp12 and file:FieldManagement

At one point I tried to export the data.  As a first pass, I set the export file type to be FileMaker Pro.  The export script step indicated that this was an incompatible file type for server.

My last attempt was to export the records to an xlsx file using the temporary path.  This appears to work both locally and on the server.

It would be great if I could simply import directly from the FileMaker database.  It appears that this option is blocked on the server.  My guess is that this is a security feature.

Any suggestion or comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks