5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 12:52 PM by TonyWhite

14 Script Step Compatibility training document

TonyWhite

Hi All,

Check out our FileMaker 14 Script Step Compatibility training document, and let us know what you think!
      http://nyfmp.org/2016/02/22/filemaker-14-script-step-compatibility-training-document/
      filemaker-14-script-step-compatibility.png

Tony White

• 1. Re: 14 Script Step Compatibility training document
          macwombat

Hi Tony

Handy reference and I like the visual - gives a quick and easy overview.  I've bookmarked it for future use.  Thanks.

Chris

• 2. Re: 14 Script Step Compatibility training document
            fitch

Nice job. Would love to see this available as a FileMaker file.

• 3. Re: 14 Script Step Compatibility training document
              TonyWhite

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words.

I recently suggested to FileMaker, Inc. that they release the script steps, functions, etc. as a FileMaker database (in addition to the current PDF and HTML formats). Glad to know that I am not the only developer that would find this useful.

We might release something in the future after I get some other projects completed...no promises at the moment.

We do have a 2 page PDF version in the works that we are planning to release after the data has be vetted for a while. (I would be shocked if there are not some errors in the data.)

I (and perhaps others) would be interested to know what you would do with this data as a FileMaker file.

Tony

• 4. Re: 14 Script Step Compatibility training document
                fitch

On your web page it says that the table was "made from simple HTML generated from a FileMaker database." So I figured it's most of the way there already.

You said you've suggested the same thing to FileMaker, so you probably have a good idea already what I'd do with it:  put it on my phone or iPad so I could Find and Sort the records. Nothing fancy. PDFs are fine but sometimes it's useful to slice and dice the data in various ways. E.g. show me all script steps introduced in versions 13 and 14, sorted by version.

• 5. Re: 14 Script Step Compatibility training document
                  TonyWhite

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind words.

We just added this bullet point to the page...

<added>Uses custom “header-data” points to provide a “scroll safe” user experience</added>

...to call out a user interface technique that we find useful when presenting long list of data on a web page.

Glad that you found the document useful.

Tony