2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 10:08 AM by siplus

Conditional formatting to highlight 'Invalid ID Numbers'

simonpsmith

I have a field that I want to apply conditional formatting to. I thought this would be simple, and I have, for the purposes of this question, one table "CLIENTS" and one TO "CLIENTS_partners".

A field in CLIENTS is CLIENTid and another is CLIENTpartner_id.

Each client has their own unique ID number: 12345, 12346, 12347, 12348, 12349 etc.

A 'partner' still has a unique client ID number, so client 12345 could be partnered with client 12349 (we are talking married/coupled with partners not law firm partner).

The TO "CLIENTS_partners" is there as I have a button, with associated script, that brings up the related records (ID 12349 shows ID 12345 as their partner on their client record).

I want to set a simple conditional format to this field so that if a non-existing 'partner ID' is entered, such as (using just the 5 IDs above) someone says the partner of 12345 is 13865, it will be highlighted to them so that they know to find the correct partner's ID.

Whatever formulas I have tried to make this happen (trying to compare the entered CLIENTpartner_id to existing CLIENTids), I cannot get the correct result. The field stays in the 'highlight' state continually, unless the partner ID equals the client ID of the record I am viewing, which is pointless (as client 12345 will not be partnered to themselves).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.