Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. I create a file, TEST.fmp12.
2. In the main table, I created the following fields:
ID (Number - Auto-enter Serial)
3. I created a second table ("Portal") with the following fields:
Toggle (Number - Auto-enter Data: 0)
4. In the Relationships graph, I connected the two tables together via the field "ID", and set the option to add records to "Portal".
5. In the main layout, I created a portal (into "Portal") and included the fields: Text, Toggle, FieldA, FieldB
6. I formatted FieldA as a Drop-down list with the values "A", "B", "C".
7. I formatted FieldB as a Drop-down list with the values "1", "2", "3".
8. For FieldA, I set a "Hide object when" condition of: Portal::Toggle ≠ 0
9. For FieldB, I set a "Hide object when" condition of: Portal::Toggle = 0
10. I then placed FieldB directly on top of FieldA.
10. In Browse mode, I added a new record (Name: TSGal)
11. In the portal, I entered data into the field Text. Toggle populates with 0. The Drop-down shows "1", "2", "3".
12. I change Toggle to 1. The Drop-down now shows "A", "B", "C".
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
please put the toggle in the parent of the portal.
please use value lists from 2 different tables
and thank you for looking into this!
Toggle field has been added to parent table. No change.
Two new tables created with one text field, four records with different values, and the Value Lists have been changed from custom values to "Use values from field" selecting the appropriate table. No change. That is, the correct value list is displayed.
Instead of going back and forth, I have sent my sample file to our Technical Support liaison who will send the file to you. This way, you can let me know what I have missed.
If you don't receive the file within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure the file is sent to you immediately.
I never received your file. I doubt there is anything we can add to your file.
Most bugs we experience happen with complex solutions.
Just in this case it works in 13 not in 14 and it also works in ...
I spoke to our Technical Support contact, and he assures me the file was sent on March 10, 2016 13:58. To be sure, he just sent the file again while I was speaking with him. If you still haven't received it, please confirm your email address via private message.
The Technical Support contact just called me saying he received a message from you that the file has been received.
Thank you - TSGal,
Yes I got it just resent again. On first it went into SPAM - unknown user .. attached files triggers filter ..
Ok I checked with FMP15v1 and it works again. So it used to work on FMP13 but not FMP14.
Thank you for fixing - hope it won't break again if newly introduced bugs are fixed.
Unfortunately we migrated just recently to FMP14v5 and won't upgrade until FMP15 is out of beta.
I just came across the same situation Using FM14, by any chance do you have a workaround for this issue?, I need to toggle fields HIde/Unhide until certain conditions are met in a portal using DropDown List.
I´m using Transactions & Selector Connector (Actually learning)
I notice in my case it happens only before Committing a record.
Thanks in advance
Unfortunately the workaround is super tedious and requires FMP12-ish programming:
You need to point to a value list which has it somehow wired-in what you want to accomplish so that the value list reflects exactly the logic of the toggled predicate.
In other words: The predicate in the TOG needs to filter the values you want to accumulate through the involved values.
Other work around: Use a trigger to collect the values before you evoke the drop-down list to load a related field the value list's relationship points at with exactly the values depending on your toggle.
Hope this makes sense.
Sorry my absence! I solved my problem!
unhide Dropdown list field tableB::ddfield values wont show even tough conditions are met at field tableA::anyfield
Table A and Table B are relatated by selector connector
dropdown list field is from Table B carrying constant values, should unhide and show values when condition is met in tableA::anyfield "if not empty".
Fields are on layout Not in a Portal.
I changed condition to a field from same table, Checks if TableB::anyfield is not empty.
Unhides and field shows dropdown list values.
Still Do not know why This happens....
Thanks for replying.