5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 11:24 AM by TSGal

show hide text ruler will ignore go to object

CJWatson

I have a Navigation script that will return the user to the last layout and the last object ( a certain slider)

I end the script with a Toolbarhide script to assure that zoom level is locked, formating bar is off and the correct menu set is installed, toolbars are locked and hidden

And a SHOW/HIDE Text Ruler.

When the above is called the slider returns to the first slider.

If I // the show/hide text ruler call it all works fine. And the correct object is selected. Use it and it goes to the first slider of a multi page slider.

BUG in implementation of this call

• 1. Re: show hide text ruler will ignore go to object
          hschlossberg

Funny, I'd call it a bug, too.  But FileMaker says it is expected behavior.  It should work okay if you show/hide the text ruler BEFORE going to the last object.  FM keeps the state of the ruler per layout, which means (and this is how I discovered it) that if you are on a layout on the 2nd tab or slider, you open a new window, hide the ruler (even if it's already hidden), and then change to the desired layout for a modal style dialog -- the BACKGROUND window will refresh back to the first tab because the NEW window was on the same layout when you set the ruler.  Crazy and silly, but FM says it is expected behavior.

• 2. Re: show hide text ruler will ignore go to object
            Benjamin Fehr

I use a navigation script

go to Layout ( $$Layout )

go to Object ( $$MyLastSlider )

Hide Toolbar, Hide Formatting Bar, Hide Text Ruler and Set Zoom Level with Option [Lock] is set with my start script.

My navigation script step

go to Object [$$MyLastSlider]

goes to 1. Slider.

Is this same behavior as you experience? I'm not sure according to your description.

Bug Report Template

Be aware that

set Zoom Level [ Lock ; xy% ]

leads to another known issue:

Anchors / dynamic layout fail with iPhone 6

• 3. Re: show hide text ruler will ignore go to object
              TSGal

CJWatson:

Thank you for your post.

Unknown if this is expected behavior.  Therefore, I have sent your post to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: show hide text ruler will ignore go to object
                Benjamin Fehr

I forgot to specify: My experience is based on FMGo 14 NOT FMPro.

I'm pretty sure this used to work as expected before last FMGo 14 Update?!

• 5. Re: show hide text ruler will ignore go to object
                  TSGal

CJWatson:

"hschlossberg" is correct.  Development and Testing confirm this is the current expected behavior.  Toggling the Text Ruler does modify a layout, so the layout is loaded again and shows the default panel on tab/slide panel control.

I recommend you also post this to the "Product Ideas" board at:

Product Ideas

The Product Ideas board is monitored by Product Management and Development where every customer suggestion is discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.