2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 8:37 AM by bigtom

Posts disappear after clicking "Add Reply" button.

bigtom

This has happened to me more than once. If it matters I am using Firefox.

I compose a reply and when using the "Add Reply" button the screen will show a loading progress bar and then after that the post is not posted. I am making it a habit now to copy all replies before posting. This should never need to happen.

I hope Jive can get these things fixed or FileMaker can find a new platform. Is this really any better than what we had before? I do not recall that there were this many issues in usability before.

• 1. Re: Posts disappear after clicking "Add Reply" button.
          TSPigeon

bigtom:

Thank you for your post.

I have not seen this issue myself with Google Chrome 48(.0.2564.116) or Safari 9.0.2 (9537.86.3.9.1). I am also unable to reproduce the issue on Firefox 26.0 without plug-ins installed. If you could provide a little more information:

-What update of Firefox are you using?

-What Operating System are you running on?

-Can you try clearing the cache and relaunching the browser? (Perhaps disable plug-ins?)

-Does this happen to you in a different browser? (IE, Safari, Chrome, etc...)

I will report the issue and look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Posts disappear after clicking "Add Reply" button.
            bigtom

TSPigeon wrote:

-What update of Firefox are you using?

44.0.2 Yes, I know there is a version newer and it was just released.

-What Operating System are you running on?

OSX 10.10.5

-Can you try clearing the cache and relaunching the browser? (Perhaps disable plug-ins?)

No plugins running. I am not clearing my cache for this.

-Does this happen to you in a different browser? (IE, Safari, Chrome, etc...)

Has never happened in Safari, but I do not use Safari much.

This did occur when the Jive Community was running extremely slow. I think I was averaging about 4-7 seconds between pages when clicking links. It is always slow, but the Community is sometimes extra slow. This happened within five minutes prior to me posting this topic and about 10 minutes prior. Happened twice.