isamudysan

Warranty Status Calculation

Discussion created by isamudysan on Mar 11, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 by isamudysan

The output of the Warranty Status is either IW (In Warranty) or OOW (Out Of Warranty) via a calculation.  Below is my calculation:

If ( Lookup ( cWOM ; WarrantyCal_VendorName::Date ) > Get ( CurrentDate ) ; "IW" ; "OOW")

I have a warranty calendar table with the following fields:  Date (not creation date), Month, Day, Year, OOWWorkweek, OOWYr, and OOWWOM.  WOM means Week Of Manufacture.  The WOM is a calculation field on my main table with the following calculation:  Middle ( SN ; 4 ; 3 ).

From the warranty calendar the only 2 fields of importance in determining whether a unit is IW or OOW is OOWWorkweek and Date.  The above IF statement works fine, except for the fact that when the WOM is 527+ the warranty status of the units are marked as OOW; and, they should in fact be IW.

I noticed that when looking up the source field (WOM) if the date is, e.g., 04/04/2016, then the unit is IW.  However, if the date for a given WOM is 527 and above, e.g., 01/01/2017, then the unit become OOW.  Again, that would be incorrect.  Shouldn't a date in  2017 be greater than a date in 2016?

My question would be how can this be resolved, or is there another way to rewrite this calculation. 

Thank you.

isamudysan

Outcomes