In a previous discussion we have discussed how to show text dynamically in a typewriter fashion (Showing text dynamically in a typewriter fashion) and siplus gave a good suggestion for solving the question.
Now the question is about having full and accurate control about speed for showing the text.
- I have a repeating text field with 30 repetitions, each repetition is filled with text of 150 up to 1000 words
- I choose the specific needed repetition with a simple triggered pop up button
- I can show the text in a typewriter fashion line by line (see discussion mentioned above) but I don't have accurate control of speed.
Here comes actual my problem:
- I need to show the text in a typewriter fashion being able to select a specific speed so that each letter of the text is sequentially showed accordingly to that speed
- speed options should be: 2 sec, 1 sec, 1/2 sec, 1/4 sec, 1/10 sec, 1/20 sec (and even 1/40 sec if possible)
I used the Pause/Resume script step which I found to be fine only for slower speeds, but measuring the result with a routing script it is clearly not accurate when using faster speeds (1/2 sec or faster).
I guess (my assumption) that for faster speeds I should integrate the function Get (CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds) but was I ended up nowhere.
Anyone may kindly help ?