1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 1:16 PM by Wicktor

Showing text in typewriter fashion with accurate control of speed

Wicktor

In a previous discussion we have discussed how to show text dynamically in a typewriter fashion (Showing text dynamically in a typewriter fashion) and siplus gave a good suggestion for solving the question.

Now the question is about having full and accurate control about speed for showing the text.

My situation:

- I have a repeating text field with 30 repetitions, each repetition is filled with text of 150 up to 1000 words

- I choose the specific needed repetition with a simple triggered pop up button

- I can show the text in a typewriter fashion line by line (see discussion mentioned above) but I don't have accurate control of speed.

Here comes actual my problem:

- I need to show the text in a typewriter fashion being able to select a specific speed so that each letter of the text is sequentially showed accordingly to that speed

- speed options should be: 2 sec, 1 sec, 1/2 sec, 1/4 sec, 1/10 sec, 1/20 sec (and even 1/40 sec if possible)

I used the Pause/Resume script step which I found to be fine only for slower speeds, but measuring the result with a routing script it is clearly not accurate when using faster speeds (1/2 sec or faster).

I guess (my assumption) that for faster speeds I should integrate the function Get (CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds) but was I ended up nowhere.

Anyone may kindly help ?

Victor

1 2 Previous Next