2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2016 1:13 PM by Jonathan Jeffery

SSL certificate installed on this server does not originate from a Certificate Authority supported by FileMaker.

Jonathan Jeffery

Hi,

Having installed dozens of certificates on FMS14 on Windows, I had my first go at instilling one on a Mac (a fully updated version of FMS14).

I used the FMS command line as normal to generate a certificate request, and to install the certificates. The certificate was a QuickSSL Premium as approved by FileMaker.

However, after the requisite restart of the server, rather than a secure connection, the admin console (database/Security tab) showed the following error:

Warning: The custom SSL certificate installed on this server does not originate from a Certificate Authority (CA) supported by FileMaker. FileMaker Go cannot be used to connect securely with this certificate.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Is this something to do with missing intermediate certificates? Has anyone else experienced this problem, or better still, does anyone know how to fix it?

Kind regards,

J.