AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am trying to create a script to select an Entity from a list and then list all the incidents relating to the Entity and then list and count the occurrences of a specific incident (incident category) related to that Entity and also provide the number of

Question asked by Leebc on Mar 14, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 by bigtom

Hi I'm new to Filemaker,

Hopefully someone can help me stop pulling my hair out.

I am trying to create a script to select an Entity from a list and then list all the incidents relating to the Entity and then list and count the occurrences of a specific incident (incident category) related to that Entity and also provide the number of occurrences for that Incident.

This is what I have done so far but I'm sure I'm missing something and there is a much easier way to do it. I would like to use the script repetitively for other searches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; value: 0]

Set Variable [$EntityName; value: Get (ScriptParameter)]

Set Variable [$Encounters; value:0]

Set Error Capture [On]

Perform Find [Incident::Entity: [$EntityName]

If [not Get (FoundCount)………

…………..

Set field [Incidents::gEncounters; Get (FoundCount)]

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; Get (FoundCount)]

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; Get (foundCount)]

Got to Record [First]

Loop

If [$IncidentReactionCount > 0]

If [Incident::Reaction  = “Yes”]

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; $IncidentReaction +1]

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; $IncidentReactionCount -1]

Go to Record [Next; Exit after last]

Else

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; $IncidentReactionCount -1]

Go to Record [Next; Exit after last]

End if

End if

End Loop

Set Field [Incidents::gIncidentReactions; ($IncidentReaction)]

Exit Script []

Outcomes