1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 11:19 PM by bigtom

I am trying to create a script to select an Entity from a list and then list all the incidents relating to the Entity and then list and count the occurrences of a specific incident (incident category) related to that Entity and also provide the number of

Leebc

Hi I'm new to Filemaker,

Hopefully someone can help me stop pulling my hair out.

I am trying to create a script to select an Entity from a list and then list all the incidents relating to the Entity and then list and count the occurrences of a specific incident (incident category) related to that Entity and also provide the number of occurrences for that Incident.

This is what I have done so far but I'm sure I'm missing something and there is a much easier way to do it. I would like to use the script repetitively for other searches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; value: 0]

Set Variable [$EntityName; value: Get (ScriptParameter)]

Set Variable [$Encounters; value:0]

Set Error Capture [On]

Perform Find [Incident::Entity: [$EntityName]

If [not Get (FoundCount)………

…………..

Set field [Incidents::gEncounters; Get (FoundCount)]

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; Get (FoundCount)]

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; Get (foundCount)]

Got to Record [First]

Loop

If [$IncidentReactionCount > 0]

If [Incident::Reaction  = “Yes”]

Set Variable [$IncidentReaction; $IncidentReaction +1]

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; $IncidentReactionCount -1]

Go to Record [Next; Exit after last]

Else

Set Variable [$IncidentReactionCount; $IncidentReactionCount -1]

Go to Record [Next; Exit after last]

End if

End if

End Loop

Set Field [Incidents::gIncidentReactions; ($IncidentReaction)]

Exit Script []