2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 4:12 AM by alecgregory

Date problem - one area is displaying in USA format whereas everywhere else is in Australian - how to fix

de-ann

Hi  I was wondering if someone could answer a problem for me please.

We have the system Filemaker Pro.

I have just one question.

Being a travel company we have a tab where we list flight details as per below. Please note that the dates are loaded as 20/03/2016 and it displays as 20 Mar 2016

We then go to the customers tab and in the middle of the page

And we hit the Air PNR’s box and the flights display with two options to print with a signature required or without.

Our problem is that both options don’t print correctly.

With signature required is changing the date as follows (American style month/date/year) and for the life of me nothing works in getting this to print the correct way. This is the option we want to work the most.

The second option was to print with no signature but the problem with this one is it only shows the first flight details and for the next 3 flights it only shows the flight number.

Please can you help me to change the date to relect the australian way???

• 1. Re: Date problem - one area is displaying in USA format whereas everywhere else is in Australian - how to fix
          davidhead

Do you have developer access to the solution?

Can you get access to the layout with signature required in layout mode?

If so, check the data formatting on that date field.

• 2. Re: Date problem - one area is displaying in USA format whereas everywhere else is in Australian - how to fix
            alecgregory

As a point of interest, if the file was created on a machine that was set to the US date format, then every time a date is cast as text it will be in that format. For example:

Field FlightDate will display as 20/3/2016

Field FlightNumberAndDate defined as:

FlightNumber

& ": "

& FlightDate

will display as JL165: 3/20/2016 if the file was originally created on a machine set to the US date format.

This may well not be what is happening in your case - from the layout it seems unlikely that the field would be anything other than a simple date field - but if it is there are 2 solutions:

1) Save a clone of the file on a machine formatted to Aus dates and import the data from the original file into the clone

2) Manually cast dates as text, using a custom function if you have FileMaker Pro Advanced.

So FlightNumberAndDate becomes:

FlightNumber

& ": "

& Day ( FlightDate )

& "/"

& Month ( FlightDate )

& "/"

& Year ( FlightDate )

The first option is preferred but not always practical.