5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 3:15 AM by schamblee

Script field size possible ?

Stigge

Hi

Am trying to create an Layout that is a bit dynamic.

So when i change the "Middle Image" to hide, i then want the Middle Image field to be hidden. that is already completed.

Next step is to then make the "Body Text 2" to fill that space, and be bigger. So i had add more text if an image isnt added.

Do anyone know if that is possible ? and how ? :/

• 1. Re: Script field size possible ?
          Vaughan

Put a second Text 2 field on the layout that is full width, and have it under the other text field and image. Hide the big field if the image is shown and hide the little text field when the image is hidden.

• 2. Re: Script field size possible ?
            Stigge

I have thought about that option.. But its not going to be good since i already have 3 fields to store text in and that to much already. having 2 more will just be annoying when typing.

oo wait.. i might be able to use portals.  one with the field big and one with both fields.. and show and hide decides what to show =)

might work..

testing....

• 3. Re: Script field size possible ?
              Vaughan

Stigge wrote:

...having 2 more will just be annoying when typing.

Typing? I'd only do something like this for print layouts.

• 4. Re: Script field size possible ?
                Stigge

This is going to be the form to create news for our FM webdirect site.

• 5. Re: Script field size possible ?
                  schamblee

How is having two different size fields (duplicate fields except for size) any different than a field that re-sizes to a larger size?  The user will not know the difference. Hide the smaller size "text 2"  field and show larger "text 2" field if middle image is hidden, if the image is not hidden then hide the larger field and show the smaller field.  Both fields are the same field so there is no additional typing, except for the additional typing you stated is done when there is no image, which would be the same in a re-sizable field.  To the user it will look like the field re-sized.