1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 10:22 AM by JoelShapiro

Editing multiple portal rows - PHP

RPaulH

Based on a webpage by Joel Shapiro - Edit multiple FileMaker PHP records waaay faster... | F ’n’ web – FileMaker ’n’ the web: lessons learned - I am attempting to update multiple portal rows with PHP but am having no luck. Having used FM for many years but PHP on a few months I am sure that I am not fully understanding everything.

These are the first two input rows of my form:

<td class="borders" align="center"><?php if( $record->getField('DateTAlert1')): ?><input type="text" name="<?php echo $childID ?>[tA1]" size="4" style="text-align:center;" value="<?php echo $T1YN ?>" /><?php ; endif; ?></td>

<td class="borders" align="center"><?php if( $record->getField('DateTAlert2')): ?><input type="text" name="<?php echo $childID ?>[tA2]" size="4" style="text-align:center;" value="<?php echo $T2YN ?>" /><?php ; endif; ?></td>

This is the process after submit:

if(isset($_POST['editalerts'])):

// CAPTURE PARENT ID

// and revert to actual FM record ID for the edit (from 'par11698' to '11698')

$parent_id = str_replace('par', '', $_POST['parID']);

// remove non-field elements from the $_POST array

unset($_POST['parID']);

unset($_POST['submit']);

// START EDIT COMMAND (JUST ONCE, PER PARENT RECORD)

$edit = $fm->newEditCommand('Edit_Alerts', $parent_id); // 'class' is the layout with the portal to registration records

// FOR EACH PORTAL ROW, ADD FIELDS TO THE ONE EDIT COMMAND

foreach ($_POST as $childID => $fields) {

//var_dump($_POST);

//exit;

$edit->setField('PeopleJoin::TAlert1YN.'. $childID, $fields['tA1']);

$edit->setField('PeopleJoin::TAlert2YN.'. $childID, $fields['tA2']);

// setField format for related fields in a portal is: TO_name::fieldName.recID

// note the dot (.) between fieldName & recID

// e.g. $edit->setField('registration::fmField1.2938', 'yes');

// remember, your TO name might be something like 'class_REG'

}

// EXECUTE THE EDIT

$result = $edit->execute();

If I dump the $_POST variables after the foreach ($_POST as $childID => $fields) it has all the correct data, I just can't seem to get it set in the fields. Someone please straighten me out.

1 2 Previous Next