3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 7:12 PM by rgordon

Sliding a group of fields

Robbie_1

Hey All,

I'm trying to build a layout page for printing. The page is broken down horizontally like this...

Record 1: Field 1     Field 2     Field 3     Field 4     Field 5     Field 6

Record 2: Field 1     Field 2     Field 3     Field 4     Field 5     Field 6

Field 1-3 and Field 6 are all fields that consistently have about one line of information in them, but Field 4 and Field 5 can include many more lines of information in certain records. I've tried to use the Sliding options to get Field 4 and Field 5 to auto size to fit the amount of text in the field, but in doing so the remaining fields no longer conform to the size of Field 4 or Field 5. Additionally if I apply the Sliding option to all the fields, Fields 1-3 and Field 6 size to fit their single line of information, while Field 4 and Field 5 remain larger.

Is there a way to get all six fields to size to the greatest common denominator? I've tried grouping the fields and applying the slide to the group, locking the fields, etc, and I haven't been able to find any hints in the forums.

Thanks very much for the help.

• 1. Re: Sliding a group of fields
          rgordon

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are trying to do.  Your example page doesn't seem to match what you describe in the text.  Can you post a sample of what you want the final printout to look like?

• 2. Re: Sliding a group of fields
            Robbie_1

Hey rgordon,

The goal is to maintain this structure when printing, calling this Image 1...

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 5.16.52 PM.png

But what I end up with when I attempt to apply the Sliding option is this, calling this Image 2...

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 5.22.09 PM.png

I want the Description field to fit to the amount of text in the field as shown in Image 2, but I still want to maintain the format of image 1, with each row of fields maintaining a consistent height.

Hope that helps. Thanks so much for the help.

• 3. Re: Sliding a group of fields
              rgordon

It looks like you have field borders.  Set the field border lines to none.  Then draw you own border lines on the layout.  Here is the key to making this work.  The vertical lines need to start at the break between the header and body.  The line needs to extend just inside the footer. Then draw a  horizontal line at the bottom of the body that slides up and resizes the enclosing parts.   This will work but you will need to spend a little time tweaking what you want.