AnsweredAssumed Answered

FInd help - should be simple?

Question asked by AmberJeffery on Mar 20, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 by AmberJeffery

Hello all,

I have been trying to get this to work all weekend and have had no luck, I feel like I have confused myself so much...

When I created my database I set it up wrong, I know this and am currently working on a new one, however I do have people using my "bad" one until the other is finished.

I need a simple search solution. I have one table ( I know I should use many with relationships..) on this table are two of the fields are "applicant1surname" and "applicant2surname".

Often applicant 1 and applicant 2 have different surnames however are part of the same application.

SO can I create a field to enter a name in to then when a "search" button is pressed it looks at both the surname fields to find a match and shows all records that have the name in either field?

or do I "find" the name in one and if it no result it checks the other?

I hope I have not confused you (I am) but how do I do this it seems so simple but I cant get it..

All help is appreciated however telling me it is a structure problem is not helpful I just need to know if It is possible in the structure I have.

Many many thanks

Amber

Outcomes