7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 3:03 PM by mmagrath

FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect

mmagrath

FMS 14.04.412

Mac Mini OS X.10.11.4 (15e65)

Attempting clean installation as recent installation of fms_patch_14.0.4b.414 and restart - webpublishing engine no longer starts, webdirect does not work and FS admin console does not work on anything other than the master machine.

Clean installation stalls with errors for Web Server:

Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:0/fmi-test/test.xml): Can't assign requested address

Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:0/fmi-test/test.xml): Can't assign requested address

Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused

Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused

Test web server (https://127.0.0.1:443/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused

Test web server (https://127.0.0.1:443/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused

FMS14 uninstalled

Filemaker folder removed

No certificates installed.

FMS14 installed from clean installation using FMS 14.04.412 installer.

Ports required are open (80, 443, 2399, 5003, 16000)

Firewalls disabled

Java 8 update 73 build 02 installed during installation of FMS

There is no other server software installed or running.

• 1. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
          TSGal

mmagrath:

Thank you for your post.

I just want to confirm that after you reinstalled FileMaker Server 14.0.4.412 (14.0.4) under Mac OS X 10.11.4, you then installed the patch 14.0.4b.412.  Correct?

Once the patch applied, you restarted the server.  Correct?

Verify from the Admin Console that the installed version is greater than 14.0.4.413.

Since you cannot launch the Admin Console remotely, verify the IP Address on the server.

In the Admin Console, is the Web Server running?  If so, what occurs when you try to turn on the Web Publishing Engine?  Is there an error message?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
            mmagrath

I just want to confirm that after you reinstalled FileMaker Server

14.0.4.412 (14.0.4) under Mac OS X 10.11.4, you then installed the patch

14.0.4b.412.  Correct?

Filemaker Server has been running without major issues since late Dec

2015/early Jan 2016. Had issues with export webdirect from container. I

installed the patch 14.04.4b.412 on March 9th and restarted the server.

When the server restarted it started Filemaker Server and its components

automatically, however it did not start the Web Publishing engine - was

inactive according to Filemaker Server Admin Console. I manually started

the Web Publishing engine through FS Aadmin Console, which it appeared to

do without error.

Since then WebDirect users cannot connect, FS admin Console will not run

from any machine other than the master machine (single deployment).

I attempted to re-deploy Filemaker Server however this did not work - web

server would not respond.

I then uninstalled Filemaker Server then reinstalled the server (14.04.412

installer) but it would not successfully deploy with Web Server / Web

Direct . Never had a chance to apply any patches as the deployment stopped

the progress each time.

I have just tried a clean install of Filemakler Server - Uninstall then

deleted Filemaker Server Folder. During the deployment web server/web

direct failed.

Once the patch applied, you restarted the server.  Correct?

Patch fms_patch_14.0.4a.413.dmg applied,

Patch fms_patch_14.0.4b.414.dmg applied

Server restarted

Verify from the Admin Console that the installed version is greater than

Since you cannot launch the Admin Console remotely, verify the IP Address

on the server.

IP Address 192.168.1.64 - unchanged

In the Admin Console, is the Web Server running?  If so, what occurs when

you try to turn on the Web Publishing Engine?  Is there an error message?

Admin Console Web server is not even an option as I cannot successfully

deploy it.

After the initial upgrade fms_patch_14.0.4b.414 Web Publishing Engine was

NOT on after the restart - I manually turned it on, no error message and

web direct did not work nor did FS ADMIN console from anywhere else other

than the master machine.

• 3. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
              TSGal

mmagrath:

Any IP Address that begins with 192.168.x.x is a local IP Address.  You would only be able to access this via the local area network.

On the Server, launch a browser and go to whatismyip.com.  Then, try logging into the server using the external IP Address.  Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
                mmagrath

Have just removed a line from the hosts file (this was required for export

container field contents for WAN / remote connections using web direct.:

Line was

127.0.0.1     www.ceos.co.nz

then restarted and since have redeployed with webdirect.

I will now add the line back in, restart and see what happens

• 5. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
                  mmagrath

We have been through this with Filemaker Support before.

The IP is a local address and that is what is allocated by the router (is a

set address that does not change)

The FQDN is www.ceos.co.nz which the FIlemaker Server name will be changed

to once the SSL certificate is installed and SSL turned on. This local IP

address is correct as that is what it has been running under successfully

all along.

The fixed IP address is assigned to the domain name and port forwarding

also correct.

• 6. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
                    TSGal

mmagrath:

Your FQDN sounds familiar, and I now remember the case.

I just tried going to www.ceos.co.nz via WebDirect and also Admin Console, and I'm able to connect.  Here are the two screen shots a few moments ago.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.20.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.25.35 PM.png

• 7. Re: FMS 14.04.412 installation: Cannot deploy with webdirect
                      mmagrath

Yes I connected too.

It's only after I removed that line in hosts file

Seems like the line in the hosts file stopped deployment of WebDirect but

hard to say as I've reinstalled and restarted so many times now.

Regards Michelle