AnsweredAssumed Answered

split Text field across body part

Question asked by ndveitch on Mar 22, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2016 by rgordon

Hi There,

What is the best way to split a text field across multiple pages in the body part. I have a text field that could be either 2 lines of text, or up to 4 pages of text. It is going to be used as a summary of work to be done. I normally just drag the text field to cover about 10 pages and then select the sliding option. The only issue I really have, and maybe its just been petty, but the minute the text field is bigger than one page, the text box is broken between the pages and it looks messy. Sometimes the spacing is a little off and then there is half of the last line on page 1, and half of the next line on page 2?

How do I make it so that it looks neat all the time? Is there a way of having FileMaker only print X number of lines per page? The reason I say lines is because my client wants to type out the summary of works in point form, for example, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on. Each point can be anything between 1 or 2 words, up to a paragraph of 4 or 5 lines of text. I was thinking of using a portal, because then I could say portal A is for records 1 -10, portal 2 is for records 11-20 and so on, but even that would be tricky as the size of the text field varies. Due to the unknown text sizes, my clients rather wants to use one text field and do the numbering manually.

If there is an easy way to make this look good, that would be a great help.

Outcomes