4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 6:17 PM by decpro350

Problem with portal filters

decpro350

I am trying to create a dynamic portal filter. I tried using global variables and global fields to set the filter value in the portal but it didn't work. How can I accomplish this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Problem with portal filters
          erolst

decpro350 wrote:

[…] but it didn't work. […]

Please give a better description of your scenario and what is happening.

• 2. Re: Problem with portal filters
            decpro350

Here's what I am trying to do:

I have two portals, Project_items and Dimensions, linked to a Projects table respectively. Each link allows for the creation of new records in the adjoining table.

Here is the scenario I am looking to create:

I create a new record in the Projects table which enables me to create new records in the Projects_items portal. Each record created in this portal has a key field that links it to the parent record in the Projects table. When I scroll through the records in the Projects table all the corresponding records in Project_items portal appear as they should. Each portal row in the Project_items portal has a one-to-many relationship in the Dimensions portal. I want to be able to click on a portal row in the Project_items portal and see all the corresponding records in the Dimensions portal...all on the same layout.

Thanks in advance.

Henry Collins

henry@henrycollins.com

347-209-8651

Fax: 314-431-5803

-

erolst wrote -

>*      a      body {           font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;           -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;      }      /* Webkit */      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, hr {           -webkit-margin-before: 0;           -webkit-margin-after: 0;           -webkit-margin-start: 0;           -webkit-margin-end: 0;      }      .content p      .content li      .button td {           background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #75B7E3 0%, #5498D6 50%, #408BD0 51%, #387AC8 100%) !important;           background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#75B7E3), color-stop(50%,#5498D6), color-stop(51%,#408BD0), color-stop(100%,#387AC8)) !important;           -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;           -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;      }      .footer      .footer a                                                                                                                                                                                                  

>Problem with portal filters

>reply from erolst in Discussions - View the full discussion

>

• 3. Re: Problem with portal filters
              stevegleason

Hi Henry,

A little more information would still be helpful (a screen grab of your relationship graph would be great).

Have you tried using a global field to store the selected Project Item? Assignable via a button on the portal row? That way, you could use a new Table Occurrence as a context for a new portal, showing only the dimensions that are related to that specific Project Item.

• 4. Re: Problem with portal filters
                decpro350

Thanks for the suggestion. I made a few adjustments in the tables relationships and added a script trigger and finally got the results I was looking for.   Once again thanks for support. I truly appreciate it.