6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 6:12 PM by cesaramj

Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7

cesaramj

Please, I need some help. I don't achieve to connect FM go 13 remotely through NO-IP ddns with FM pro 12 windows. I have a windows network with 2 pc e ports 5004 and 5003 for each pc. The files are shared. I can connect only useing DMZ in modem for only 1 each other pc files. I don't know if I was well undestanding. If necessary, I send more information of my configurattion.

• 1. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
          CarstenLevin

Hi Cesar,

May I ask you some questions. What is "NO-IP ddns"?,

• Do you mean that you are getting your IP number dynamically through DNS and does not have a fixed number (the number is changing all the time)?
          • And therefore you can not connect from the outside (outside of your own network) to your FileMaker server ... do you have a FileMaker server?
          • What is DMZ in this description (Demilitarised Zone)?

Please send a more specific description of your network.

And you should probably consider going to FileMaker 14 all the way. But that's another issue.

Best regards

Carsten

• 2. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
            cesaramj

Thank you Carsten for replay

U are correct. I have a dynamic Ip using the No-Ip DDNS and a fixed Ip for esch one in my windows network made of 2 PC.

I Use FM pro 12 in both PC whit oout server.

And DMZ is what you said.

For No-Ip I use 2  host name. One for each PC.

I d like to access diferents files in both PC at the same time remotely by IPAD

Did I give u any information helpful ?

• 3. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
              CarstenLevin

Hi again,

I assume that it is your own local network and internet connection at a small office or at home.

You will need to:

• Get a fixed IP number for your router*
              • Set up the router to map the external IP number to internal IP numbers on specific ports dependent of the server service you want to access**
              • Now have a DNS record created for your external IP number***, it will make life easier, but is not absolutely needed. Then you can connect the services via the external IP number where the YYY's are the port: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YYY

*Ask your ISP about that, here in Denmark it is a quick fix and cheap at most ISP's, even those for private and SB.

**You should probably ask your IT guy or the one who supplied the router to help you, including configuring the FireWall. Especially since you are having Windows on the inside!

***The place that are handling your DNS for your Domaine, probably where you bought it is the right place for this.

I hope that this is helping a little bit.

Best regards

Carsten

• 4. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
                cesaramj

Great !

Just 2 doubts !!!

Is it neeed to have the Bonjour server installed in each station ?

Cool , I wil check the Firewall !!!

I see you suggest ports with 3 numbers in modem. What one you suggest ?

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyy

So, I will give a feedback of all this issues

thank u very much

Best Regards

CEsar

• 5. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
                  CarstenLevin

Hi Cesar,

My 3 x Y for the port could just as well have been 2 or 3 x Y.  When using NAT in your router/firewall you need to open and direct to the port that the service/server function you are using is listening to. In the case of FileMaker it is port 5003

https://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12120

And regarding Bonjour: It is used to make Filemaker visible in the "Open Remote" dialog.

Best regards

Carsten

• 6. Re: Connection FM go 13 to FM 12 pro for windows 7
                    cesaramj

Thank you so much for the link.

I'll try