May I ask you some questions. What is "NO-IP ddns"?,
- Do you mean that you are getting your IP number dynamically through DNS and does not have a fixed number (the number is changing all the time)?
- And therefore you can not connect from the outside (outside of your own network) to your FileMaker server ... do you have a FileMaker server?
- What is DMZ in this description (Demilitarised Zone)?
Please send a more specific description of your network.
And you should probably consider going to FileMaker 14 all the way. But that's another issue.
Thank you Carsten for replay
U are correct. I have a dynamic Ip using the No-Ip DDNS and a fixed Ip for esch one in my windows network made of 2 PC.
I Use FM pro 12 in both PC whit oout server.
And DMZ is what you said.
For No-Ip I use 2 host name. One for each PC.
I d like to access diferents files in both PC at the same time remotely by IPAD
Did I give u any information helpful ?
I assume that it is your own local network and internet connection at a small office or at home.
You will need to:
- Get a fixed IP number for your router*
- Set up the router to map the external IP number to internal IP numbers on specific ports dependent of the server service you want to access**
- Now have a DNS record created for your external IP number***, it will make life easier, but is not absolutely needed. Then you can connect the services via the external IP number where the YYY's are the port: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:YYY
*Ask your ISP about that, here in Denmark it is a quick fix and cheap at most ISP's, even those for private and SB.
**You should probably ask your IT guy or the one who supplied the router to help you, including configuring the FireWall. Especially since you are having Windows on the inside!
***The place that are handling your DNS for your Domaine, probably where you bought it is the right place for this.
I hope that this is helping a little bit.
Just 2 doubts !!!
Is it neeed to have the Bonjour server installed in each station ?
Cool , I wil check the Firewall !!!
I see you suggest ports with 3 numbers in modem. What one you suggest ?
So, I will give a feedback of all this issues
thank u very much
My 3 x Y for the port could just as well have been 2 or 3 x Y. When using NAT in your router/firewall you need to open and direct to the port that the service/server function you are using is listening to. In the case of FileMaker it is port 5003
And regarding Bonjour: It is used to make Filemaker visible in the "Open Remote" dialog.
Thank you so much for the link.