4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 8:26 AM by schamblee

Templates for iOS as UPC inventory scanner linked to Amazon Marketplace?

makinfilms

i am new to fmp14

I was using Bento with mac and ipad and iphone to keep track of my photography sales

But now i am seekimg templaters shated by other usets thst might speed up this solution building

AMarket place

I want to sell cd and dvd

Is there a quick rasy solution to first

Scan upc codes with iphone camera using fmGo?

Amd will this also automatically lookup a Amazon Marketplace Thumbnail image?

I had seen i think an app that does this but ot wasnt as powerful in customizable options within the app

Please let me know

Because i would like to sell on Amazon

And possibly eBay

Again any great ideas i am grateful

Singleton Makin

• 1. Re: Templates for iOS as UPC inventory scanner linked to Amazon Marketplace?
          bigtom

It is possible, but I would not say it is easy.

• 2. Re: Templates for iOS as UPC inventory scanner linked to Amazon Marketplace?
            schamblee

Use the script step "insert from device to scan the barcode into a field. Insert From Device

You may be able to use the script step "insert from url"  to lookup the image. Insert From URL

I don't know of any templates that will do this.  Most template are more general then you customize that template to add the extra features such as retrieving images from the web.   Scanning bar codes is easy in FMGo.   

• 3. Re: Templates for iOS as UPC inventory scanner linked to Amazon Marketplace?
              makinfilms

Yes I got it to scan the barcodes in FMGO but it is basically just taking a picture of the UPC CODE.

OR am I not realizing something? I found an app that does the same thing....scans UPC CODES with the iPhones Camera.

The problem is that it creates an image. not useful.....I can't read or copy and paste that data..I have to look at the data manually...this is not rocket science...

There are scores of database solutions just not filemaker pro I assume....bento had some easier processes....for photography. but I wasn't trying to face recognition or anything. just basic Image for the location of which account I was selling to...

Now for this Reselling of CD's and DVD's the UPC code is everything.

I have found an app that will give you money based upon the item

but it is .50 or 1.00 at times and even .10

What I am wondering is if I can't hack that app into exporting the data list that they have created.

I mean what it does is like any UPC code device should do....

So I think Filemaker Pro there has to be a group that is already using this in stores...

I know a man who rents cinematography equipment, but he created the ups codes and those serial numbers are on every piece of gear that he rents...some lenses are $40,000 COOKE lenses....!

So I would be grateful if anyone can help me to figure this out....

I might have to just get an app and see if it will export a .cvs file? then can I import that into a basic  database in FMP?

thanks for any wisdom on this guys and gals...

I know FMP is the best that is why I installed it...I just was shocked that there are not as many FREE templates as BENTO had ......or am I looking in the wrong places?

• 4. Re: Templates for iOS as UPC inventory scanner linked to Amazon Marketplace?
                schamblee

FMGo will scan the barcode.  Use the insert from device script step to insert the barcode into a text field.

Here is a sample I created several months ago for another user.

Dropbox - BarCodeSample.fmp12