1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 9:13 AM by TSGal

FileMaker Go 14, iPad mini: top bar disappears randomly

roara

Hey everyone,

we recently switched from FM GO13 to GO14 and encountered a problem: The top bar of the interface (the one with the folder icon on the left and the magnifying glass on the right side) disappears randomly.

Some more hints that may help you:

• We do not use any script step that manipulates the original user interface,
      • the problem didn't occur in FMGO13,
      • we didn't touched the .fmp12 in a while
      • one user told us that the bug was gone again as fast as it had appeared and everything was fine after a few hours.

We struggle to find the bug because we can not reproduce the bug that our customers reported.

The questions are:

1. How can I prevent the bar from disappearing?
      2. How can I manually reset the bar so that it is visible again?
      3. Is there a way to manually reset it without the without the need for a new deployment of the .fmp12?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 14, iPad mini: top bar disappears randomly
          TSGal

roara:

Thank you for your post.

Most likely, the person is doing a three-finger upwards swipe to hide the Menubar, and a three-finger downwards swipe to show the Menubar.

To prevent the Menubar from disappearing, create a script that shows and locks the Menubar.  You can put this into an OnLayoutEnter script trigger that includes the script step:

Show/Hide Menubar [ Lock ; Show ]

Users will then be unable to hide the Menubar unless there is another script that hides the Menubar.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.