3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 8:56 AM by mjbenun

Problem with Get(CurrentDate)

mjbenun

I have a script that saves an Excel File to my Desktop.

The following line in my script is used to set the naming convention:

StyleMaster::Factory &" "&  " ShipSchedule" & Get(CurrentDate)

I want this to output FactoryName ShipsSchedule Todays Date, but I am getting an error message regarding the date.

When I remove the Get(CurrentDate) parameter the script works fine and I get “Factory Name ShipSchedule” .  I can’t figure out why the Get command is messing things up- but I have a feeling it has to do with Excel not being able to accept the way the Date is formatted..

Please help.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Problem with Get(CurrentDate)
          erolst

Excel has nothing to with this – the error is thrown from your OS, which probably is unhappy about certain characters in the textual representation of the date (namely, the slash).

Try

StyleMaster::Factory & " " & " ShipSchedule" & Substitute ( Get ( CurrentDate ) ; "/" ; "_" )

• 2. Re: Problem with Get(CurrentDate)
            JesseH

mjbenum,

My guess is the "Date" would look something like this "3/29/2016", file names don't like the "/" symbol in them. You will need to change the date format in your calculation

For example,

Year(Get(CurrentDate)) [will produce 2016]  & Day(Get(CurrentDate)) [will produce 29 ]

End result is 201629

* You may need to switch "Year" and "Get" in the calculation, I can't remember which way Filemaker likes that calculation set up. Then you can add hyphens where needed and change the date order however you choose.

Jesse

edit: erolst has the right idea.

• 3. Re: Problem with Get(CurrentDate)
              mjbenun

The "/" was in fact the culprit!  Thanks much for the assistance.