1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 7:34 AM by TSPigeon

Filemaker 14 Crashing intermittently in viewsystem.dll

ps_alandavies

Hi There,

Seem to be having an intermittent issue with Filemaker occasionally crashing during use 5-6 times a day. Other than Event 1000 in the eventlogs there is Little info to suggest what is causing this issue. This is only happing for two People in our Organisation, but despite rebuilt machines this issue persits as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate with bitlocker enabled

Windows Server 2012 for RDP

Data is Held on a filemaker pro Server with over 50 users.

Both generate the same error as below and both are running on the same Version of the Software, which from my reconning is also the latest.

Have tried even with antivirus disabled and uninstalled and the Problem persists. Both are heavy users of our filemaker System but are the only two experiencing issues with this at the Moment. If they use our slightly older Windows 2008 R2 terminal Server no Crash occurs so I do not suspect that there is an issue with the filemaker data itself.

If anyone has any ideas or pointers they would be most appreciated. If any further informatino is required then please let me know as well.

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro.exe, version: 14.0.5.505, time stamp: 0x56a2e81c

Faulting module name: ViewSystem.dll, version: 14.0.5.46352, time stamp: 0x56a2f3a0

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x0000000000012400

Faulting process id: 0xb64

Faulting application start time: 0x01d185d2962aadef

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14\FileMaker Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14\ViewSystem.dll

Report Id: 33f15752-f1d1-11e5-80bf-000c29190b5e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• 1. Re: Filemaker 14 Crashing intermittently in viewsystem.dll
          TSPigeon

ps_alandavies:

Thank you for your post.

If I could confirm and gather more information:

-Your two client machines are running on Widows 7 Ultimate SP1?

-Have you compared the applications and services running on these two machines VS the "working" machines?

-Is this issue happening when working with a local database? (not connected to the FileMaker Server)

-What are the clients doing when the crash occurs? (send mail script, performing a find, entering data into a field, etc)

It seems you are using Remote Desktop Services on Windows Server 2012 with a Volume License of FileMaker Pro 14.0.5, which is supported.

-Just to confirm, what environment do you have FileMaker Server installed on? (Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, etc.)

-What version of FileMaker Server are you running? (FileMaker Server 14.0.4.414, etc.)

Also, keep in mind Page 9 of the Remote Desktop Guide. I can't tell from your description if this may be the case.

Note: FileMaker Server should not be installed on the same machine with Citrix XenApp and Remote Desktop Services. FileMaker, Inc. does not support FileMaker Server running on the same machine with Citrix XenApp and Remote Desktop Services.

I look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.