3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 6:11 AM by BowdenData

FM Server 14 Admin Console database status inaccurate

ITDept

Earlier today, our recently “upgraded”* FM Server 14 (14.0.4.412) crashed on our Mac mini (8 GB RAM, Mac OS X El Capitan). After restarting the server process, I noticed that the Admin Console listed every one of our databases as “Normal,” which seemed fishy given that under FM Server 11 (our previous version), it took several hours for our databases to be checked for consistency. (One of them is a ~4 GB file with almost two decades of company history in it.)

When I attempted to access the database from FM Pro 14, I was told that the database was being verified on the host. Repeated attempts to log out and back into the Admin Console consistently listed all of our databases as “Normal,” even though that clearly wasn’t the case. Admin Console listed myself and another user as connected, too, even though we weren’t; and it wouldn’t let me shut down FM Server.

Is this a known problem with FM Server 14 (on Mac OS X El Capitan)? Is there any workaround I can use to get accurate information on database and user status?

* The “upgrade” process went from FileMaker Server 11 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 to FM Server 14 on El Capitan via several near-heart attacks thanks to OS upgrading silently blowing away all our databases and leaving scattered remains of FMS 11 that FMS 14 refused to allow me to install over until I manually sought them all out and removed them.