5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 1:21 PM by rgordon

A FMP newbie question

LMac

Hello: I recently agreed to assist a nonprofit organization create a database of students. I am not a computer person, I just like to mess with computers and I wanted to help. So, I created a basic product which they like. However, they need some things done to personalize it for them and I cannot find the answers. I hope this community can help.

My database includes three areas, student entry, teacher entry and class entry. Each page has a button back to the main menu once the details are completed. The organization requested that when they finish filling in details and push the "main menu" button, that they have something that asks them if they really want to leave the page. I added this script to the Main Menu button:

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.13.44 PM.png

The two choices under Custom Dialog are "Okay" (which saves the details and moves to #2 of this script) and "Cancel". My problem is, "Cancel." When a user chooses, "Cancel," I want the script to stop so that the person can make whatever changes s/he wants. When the user is finished with whatever changes, s/he would then press the Main Menu button again to select "Okay." Now, if a person chooses "Cancel" nothing saves and  the script continues to #2--sending the user to the Startup Screen. However, I next to "Cancel" I can specify a calculation:

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 12.20.42 PM.png

I cannot figure out what to write here.  Can you help me? I suspect this is a stupid question for people who are familiar with FMP, so I thank you for your patience with my inexperience with script and calculation language.

Thank you so much.

Lara