2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 7:13 AM by gdurniak

Run multiple script at same time

aanshi

I am using filemaker server  11 and FileMaker pro advance 11. We need to import csv file i.e. generated by another software i every 10 mins. There are around 10 script which I need to run in every 10 mins. I cant create scheduler on server because of database crashing isssue. So If I open the filemaker pro window and run scripts which marked as Install On Timer script.If I marked 10 script like this then is that create any issue ?

• 1. Re: Run multiple script at same time
          nicolai

You can't run multiple scripts on the client at the same time. You can run one script locally and the other one on the server at the same time in FMP 13 or 14, but not in the version you are using.

I think your best shot is to try to resolve database crashes on the server, which should not be there in the first place, and then use the schedule. Schedule will not run 10 scripts at the same time either.

Can you combine your 10 scripts into one main script calling subscripts? This will make your job easier.

• 2. Re: Run multiple script at same time
            gdurniak

I have tried using "On Timer", and find it clumsy

You might be better off designating one machine as a "robot",  that simply runs the import scripts over and over, with a 10 minute pause in between

greg

> There are around 10 script which I need to run in every 10 mins.