2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 7:36 AM by rivet

ODBC oddity

rivet

I have a FMP DB that connects to an ODBC data source.  On my dev environment everything is working fine but when I move DB to my production environment there is a strange thing going on.

On the production DB, if I take a look under the relationship graph and double click one of the table occurrences that is connected to the ODBC source, the Specify Table dialogue appears but none of the tables are highlighted.  If I hover over that same able occurrence the popup shows all the correct details.  ( source tables, data source, ODBC data source).

Now if i were to 're-specify' the correct table for that table occurrences, all the field mapping is lost and all layouts and script are a mess.

Has anyone come across this.

DEV:

server: mac  10.10.5

FMPS: 14.0.4.414

ODBC DRIVER: actual technologies

FMPA: 14.0.5

PRODUCTION (hosted cloud):

server: win  ?

FMPS: 14.0.2.226

ODBC:  mysql driver

FMPA: 14.0.5

• 1. Re: ODBC oddity
          wimdecorte

When using ESS it's always best to develop on the same platform as production so that you don't have any issues like this.

Are your DSNs named exactly the same on your machine and production?

• 2. Re: ODBC oddity
            rivet

Yes DSNs name is exactly the same. The file opens and runs perfectly without any ODBC prompts it's just the specify table dialogue that has me concerned. 

NEXT STEPS:

- test on another Windows environment.

- try an alternate mySql source.   ( which I doubt is the issue.)