AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automated Client usage dashboard using Server scripts (VB & FM Server)

Question asked by reachphani1 on Apr 1, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 by wimdecorte

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to automate the process of knowing active users of my FileMaker server. I have ~50 Apps running of a FM 13 server and Management likes to know the average number of users at any time (business hours) on FM server. Here is how i am trying to do to achieve this.

1. Create a VB script
    1. Run a batch file to run fmsadmin list clients and redirect the output to a .csv file
    2. Store the generated CSV file under FileMaker Server Documents Path
    3. Schedule the vb script every hour to generate the CSV fiile
  2. Create a Server Side Script (SSS) to import the generated CSV file and store user information
  3. Schedule the SSS every hour to Import records into FIleMaker Pro and generate a dashboard for access via FM Web Direct for management

I am running the FM 13 Server process using a Local Administrator account (NOT default Local System) by updating FileMaker Service to use "Logon with" Local Admin account.

Problem faced so far

1. When running the VB script to generate a CSV file to any other directory (e.g. d:\temp\users.csv) the VB script generates the file successfully. However, when running from Schedule no file is generated under FM Server Documents Path. I am also Running Schedule with the same Local Admin account.I have verified the default Server Documents Path is correct (c:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Documents). Due to this, my SSS is unable to find the CSV and generate error code 100.

My Environment: FM Server 13.0.9 running off a Windows 2008 R2 and configured installation to default FM Server path (c:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server).

Can somebody provide feedback on this approach and the specific problem please?

Outcomes