You seems don't have FMP Advanced to make DDR, or it is denyed?
There are "Design Functions" to get value list names and its values.
I just got my first license of FMP Advanced 4 days ago, and I had not seen those functionalities.
I had only been using Pro up until then, and I was focusing my energies on working on my solution.
Just the "copy and paste a table" buttons, have changed my focus and outlook.
I am glad to know that this community exists and that others can help out with the learning curve.
I just did a DDR.
The results indicate that their are only 2 active accounts:
- my personal day-to-day user account, with basic privileges
- and my full access admin account
From my full access admin account, I still cannot change the security to remove a password.
I am given the >"One or more accounts that have full access privileges do not have passwords..." > "allow">"confirm full access login">"The account name and password you entered does not match those for any Filemaker account."!!
I really don't understand how this can be possible, I have logged-out and re-logged back in several times, with no issues.
*** Interesting note though, when I am producing a DDR; in the "summary save to" dialogue window; when I attempt to add a "colon" (shift+semi-colon) a hyphen is inserted, not a colon. I have attempted to insert via the keyboard viewer, as well as the input character window, and it still inserts a hyphen., so their is a slight bug somewhere, imho.
Hmm, can you add new account?
Did you keep empty the password field in "confirm full access login" (not enter current password)?
I can turn on and off the inactive accounts, which requires the full access password.
I haven't tried creating a new account.
I did try with a different keyboard, and I still cannot enter a colon.
I will try, later, to create a clone, and see if that solves the issue.
I am trying to create a brand new solution from scratch, that is quite complex(imho); my DDR produced a 327 page pdf!!
I really need to feel comfortable that I am not going to have this up and running, and find that I have a huge hole in my basic design.
This is very strange indeed.
Thanks for the input.
Ok. I have learned my lesson, about the hole in my knowledge: no colons in a filename.
That still does not explain why I cannot modify my full access password modifications.