6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 12:54 PM by Dddavid

Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings

Dddavid

I have re-opened, using 13vo5, two different files, that I had created 2 years ago, using 13vo3 (at the latest). 

One is a backup of a file that I had on a memory card, that I can open on a newer machine OSX10.11.3, and the other is a different file, on the older machine OSX 10.9.5 that I developed and previously hosted both files on. The older machine has not been used in over a year, at least!

I have successfully signed in to my admin level accounts, in both cases.

The external backup opened successfully, on the newer machine, and the other file, opened on the older machine, where it has been hosted since day 1.

I would like to turn off the security, for a couple of days, however, when I am prompted to "confirm with an account and password with full access privileges" I am given a dialogue box indicating that "the account and password I am using does not have sufficient privileges".
      I am entering the exact account name and password that I have used to, successfully, open the files.
      I can see in the "Edit Privileges" Window, that the account I am using is the only one that can possibly have admin level access.

I thought maybe I was having an issue with keyboard language or something, but the two files have different passwords, and neither will permit me to modify the security settings.

I am using a newer keyboard though, and I was having some slight input issues, on other software... I seem to recall.  However, I am not certain.

This isn't really a deal-breaker; I just wanted to copy some value lists, which I am able to do, I just cannot get beyond that roadblock, and that has gotten me questioning.

Anyone else experienced this previously?

Thanks in advance for any input.

DAvid

• 1. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
          user19752

You seems don't have FMP Advanced to make DDR, or it is denyed?

There are "Design Functions" to get value list names and its values.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
            Dddavid

Thanks user19752.
            I just got my first license of FMP Advanced 4 days ago, and I had not seen those functionalities.
            I had only been using Pro up until then, and I was focusing my energies on working on my solution.

Just the "copy and paste a table" buttons, have changed my focus and outlook.

I am glad to know that this community exists and that others can help out with the learning curve.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
              Dddavid

I just did a DDR. 
              The results indicate that their are only 2 active accounts:
              - my personal day-to-day user account, with basic privileges

- and my full access admin account

From my full access admin account, I still cannot change the security to remove a password

I am given the >"One or more accounts that have full access privileges do not have passwords..."  > "allow">"confirm full access login">"The account name and password you entered does not match those for any Filemaker account."!!

I really don't understand how this can be possible, I have logged-out and re-logged back in several times, with no issues.

*** Interesting note though, when I am producing a DDR; in the "summary save to" dialogue window; when I attempt to add a "colon" (shift+semi-colon) a hyphen is inserted, not a colon.  I have attempted to insert via the keyboard viewer, as well as the input character window, and it still inserts a hyphen., so their is a slight bug somewhere, imho.

• 4. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
                user19752

Hmm, can you add new account?

Did you keep empty the password field in "confirm full access login" (not enter current password)?

• 5. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
                  Dddavid

I can turn on and off the inactive accounts, which requires the full access password.
                  I haven't tried creating a new account.
                  I did try with a different keyboard, and I still cannot enter a colon.
                  I will try, later, to create a clone, and see if that solves the issue.

I am trying to create a brand new solution from scratch, that is quite complex(imho); my DDR produced a 327 page pdf!!

I really need to feel comfortable that I am not going to have this up and running, and find that I have a huge hole in my basic design.

This is very strange indeed.

Thanks for the input.

• 6. Re: Filemaker 13, Cannot change security settings
                    Dddavid

Ok. I have learned my lesson, about the hole in my knowledge: no colons in a filename.
                    That still does not explain why I cannot modify my full access password modifications.
                    ...moving on.