1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 12:04 PM by TSGal

FileMaker Go 14 running on iPad iOS 9.3.1can't open PDFs in container fields

user26778

Summary

Container Fields not working on iOS 9.3.1 - Cannot open PDFs but does open Word documents

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Filemaker Go 14

Description of the issue

I am running FileMaker Server, FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 and FileMaker Go 14, In the last few days FileMaker Go stopped being able to open the PDFs stored in the container field.  It used to do so perfectly!  Not sure if it is related to new iOS - am running iOS 9.3.1 on both my iPad and iPhone.  Used to work perfectly on both a week ago - but today it returns an error message "Failed to open "http://mydomain.local.:80/Streaming/MainDB/48558F3BBFC4C1DD825415B363DEC20F.pdf?SessionKey=48558F3BBFC4C1DD825415B363DEC20F&RCType=EmbeddedRCFileProcessor"

Steps to reproduce the problem

Container field on new ipad

Expected result

Ability to open and view contents (pdfs) in container field while working remotely.

Actual result

above error message

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

as above with exception to my domain (in place of my server address)

Workaround

haven't found any yet.  Need a solution ASAP - or at least assistance with know what broke in the last week (coincidental occurrence with new iOS?)

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go 14 running on iPad iOS 9.3.1can't open PDFs in container fields
          TSGal

user26778:

Thank you for your post.

After setting up a FileMaker Pro 14 file with two Interactive Container fields (one local storage, one remote storage), I inserted a PDF file into both Container fields.  I then opened the hosted file using FileMaker Go under iOS 9.3, and I was able to access both Container fields.  I then updated to iOS 9.3.1, and I was still able to access both Container fields.

I then uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 14, opened the hosted file using FileMaker Go, and I can still access both Container fields and view the PDF files.

Since iOS 9.3.1 doesn't appear to be the issue, try creating a new file in FileMaker Pro 14, create two Container fields with the second one having remote storage.  Set the formatting of both fields to Interactive content.  Turn on Network Sharing.

Open FileMaker Go, and access the hosted file.  Does this work?  If so, then upload the hosted file to FileMaker Server, and access the FileMaker Server hosted file.  Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.