1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 7:04 PM by bigtom

SHA-256 SSL issues.

bigtom

Product and version FileMaker Pro 14.0.4, FMS 14.0.4

OS and version - FMS 10.9.5, FMP 10.9.5

Hardware - FMS Mac Mini

Description - FMP client cannot see file on server when SSL is in use on FMS

How to replicate - Install recommended SHA-256 SSL certificate on FMS and try to open files on client.

Workaround - None

I installed an SSL cert from the list. Specifically a GoDaddy Standard SSL certificate. I am having one FMP client that cannot see files when using open remote when SSL is in use on FMS. That client is OSX 10.9.5 with FMP 14.0.4. I cannot figure this out as I have another client also on OSX 10.9.5 that is using FMP 12.0.5 that can see the files.

I did a search around and the recommendation was to use a SHA-1 SSL certificate. These are no longer supported or issued by any of the FileMaker recommended CA's. I did check and OSX 10.9.5 is certified to trust the GoDaddy SHA-256 SSL certificate.

• 1. Re: SHA-256 SSL issues.
          bigtom

Update: This was apparently an issue with OSX. This was the only machine that had simply had the OS updated over time without a full partitioning and reinstall. I also learned that this machine had repeatedly had the power cycled on and off over time without proper shut downs. This led to some sort of issue with SSL connections. New clean install of OSX 10.10 and all is working as expected.