AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Automation

Question asked by chad.m.baker77@gmail.com on Apr 3, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 by wimdecorte

While I'm completely new to FM, I've been writing Java for a long time. For the most part, I'm blown away by FM and how accessible they make the solution to the end-user, should they need to change it. There are other scenarios though, that I've been surprised how labor intensive they are. Is it possible to automate any FM functionality?

Windows Office, for example.. there are java and c# interops available to automate the creation of documents (usually just the backend xml) or develop plugins for those applications. Is anyone aware of any java apis or other automation options for the generation of FM files? (projects? databases?)

For example, is it possible to generate template projects, based on my own custom archetypes. From an efficiency standpoint, it would be great if I could create an interface for myself, as the developer, where I make my own custom project config decisions, then generate a more useful fmp12 baseline to work from, hopefully eliminating some of the more tedious tasks.

Thank you kindly

Outcomes