2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 5:06 PM by sgasch

Is there a memory problem with some layouts when used with php???

sgasch

I have heard that some layouts cause a memory overload when displayed with php. I have a layout with 72 fields on it (9 lines with 8 columns each). Once I get to line 5 or 6, I get a memory issue with php).

Has anyone encountered this and if so, is there a workaround or a resolution to this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Is there a memory problem with some layouts when used with php???
          databuzz

You should try and optimise your layouts in this situation - 72 fields for a large number of fetched records will most likely cause an out of memory error.

If you don't need to display all 72 fields on the php page split the layouts into multiple layouts for each PHP page, e.g.:

- find page references LayoutA that has just the 6 find fields on the PHP page

- search results page references LayoutB that has just the 8 fields for the results PHP page

- record details page references LayoutC that has just the 14 fields for the details page

and so on.

HTH,

Andrew

• 2. Re: Is there a memory problem with some layouts when used with php???
            sgasch

These 72 fields are actually globals that hold the summaries of all of the records. A report is generated before the table is displayed, but there is actually only one record.

Maybe if I generate the report and then put the results in another table which I can then display - maybe that would remove the memory issue.

It does astound me that in my XSLT solution, there was no memory issue.