3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 11:25 PM by user19752

Relative (to Database) Path to External Open Container Files

fred@kca-inc.com

I store graphic images in container fields which are used in script-generated HTML reports.  The logo images are unique to each client.  I would like to be able to set these to be external open storage and access them (read-only) from the reports on both FMPA and WebDirect (on an externally-hosted server). I am able to setup the external open storage in client-unique directories.  That works great.  My issue is trying to access them from the reports.  I have setup the storage location under the database directory. Based on the FMPA Help, it seems that I could use the "file:Documents/Org_Files/Unique_Directory" syntax to get to a directory relative to the Database directory.  Unfortunately, this syntax takes me to "file:///C:/Users/MyAccount/AppData/Local/Temp/Documents/Org_Files/205/Public_Health_Logo_01.gif".  I have not tried this syntax on WebDirect yet.  I think I've tried every syntax but have not been able to get it to just give me "Documents/Org_Files/205/Public_Health_Logo_01.gif" as the path.

Any help would be appreciated.