4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 7:15 PM by RickWhitelaw

Print question

jackmac

Hi all,

I have a layout which shows unpaid invoices. As the invoice gets paid, it doesn't appear in the layout anymore. That works perfectly. The problem I have is, say there are 30 invoices to print.  When the office staff press print, if they forget to change to 'Records Being Browsed' and leave on 'Current Record', it will only print one invoice.  They then have to go through and print all remaining 29.

Is there a way a can force FileMaker to make it print 'Records Being Browsed'?

I've changed 'Print Options' in the script and set it to what I need but if the printer itself was last printing 'Current Record' it remembers that choice?

Any ideas?

TIA

FM 13 Pro, Win 7 and also Mavericks

Jackmac

• 1. Re: Print question
          mikebeargie

In the "Print" script step (not the print setup script step) you can specify the option for "records being browsed" vs. current record. There is also a "presets" dropdown where you can specify the use of defaults, or the "last used settings". Check there. screenshot attached.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Print question
            JonathanMarcus_1

in your screenshot, the printer selected is "No Printer Selected".  I dont seem to have that option and short of deleting all the printers, I dont see how to unselect at least one of the options.  The reason this is a problem is because not everyone using this script prints to the same printer I print to.  Perhaps I can set up a condition in the script based on user, but that would be a pain in the arse to have to maintain everytime a new user was added or a new printer was added.  So in short i need a be able to set up universal print settings without changing default printers.  Any advice?

• 3. Re: Print question
              philmodjunk

On the windows side of things, we have sometimes downloaded/installed a demo version of a PDF "printer", specified it in the script and then uninstalled it (or never installed it into the client machines in the first place).

You might also look into MyFMButler, a plug in that provides explicit script level access to different print functions.

• 4. Re: Print question
                RickWhitelaw

I wrote my own and it works great. Took a lot of time though.