8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 10:39 AM by jimbol46

Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script

jimbol46

Hardward iPhone 6 Plus

System IOS 9.3.1

Filemaker Go 14.04

When attempting to cancel [from the Printer Options] the actually printing of document from a script, FMGo locked at the Dialog box Continue Script. Print was canceled. Do you wish to continue with this script? Wether I selected No or Yes, nothing happened and I was forced to cancel the current session. When I let the script actually print the comment, it ran to a good EOJ. Note the button Image that calls the printing script is just below the "X" delete CommentPrint2.pngiphoneScreen_Print Button.pngPrint Script.pngPrintSetUp.pngLockScreen.png

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
          TSGal

jimbol46:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using my iPad 3 with FileMaker Go 14.0.4 under iOS 9.3.1.  I have tried this locally, shared via FileMaker Pro, and shared via FileMaker Server.  I have tried the script separately and with a button.

To help narrow down the cause further, try creating a print script with the following two script steps:

Print Setup [ Restore ; No dialog ]

Print [ Restore: <printer name> ; No dialog ]

Specify the printer name in the "Print Setup" script step.

See if you are able to run the script from another layout and the layout you are trying to print from.  This will help me determine if it is a layout issue, a script issue, a database file issue, etc.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
            jimbol46

I attempted the same from my iPad, MF012LL/A - IOS 9.3.1 and I was not able to repeat the situation. However, when attempting to print and cancel from my iPhone 6Plus, MGAV2LL/A, I sometimes could repeat the clocking/locking.  It was from another script than printing comments. The same scripts to print the list reports from both the iPad and iPhone. Basically it was from printing list type reports which print fine from the PC/Mac & iPad, as well as, printing a comment. I am an old IT programmer and I know one has to isolate the situation in order to fix it and that having sometimes issues is the worst one to resolve.

Also, I have two printers, a network HP LaserJet CP1525nw and a HP Mobile 100, where I connect using the 1200w Mobile print accessory..

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
              TSGal

jimbol46:

Thank you for the information.

Checking with Development and Testing, there is a print issue with FileMaker Go 14 on an iPhone 6 Plus ONLY that may be related.  In essence, canceling a Print Setup after rotating the iPhone 6 Plus from Portrait to Landscape will cause FileMaker Go to become unresponsive.

If this is not the case, I'd like to narrow this down further.  As mentioned in my previous posting, create a separate script solely for "Print Setup" and "Print", and then execute this script.  Does this work?  If so, then change your previous script by removing the "Print Setup" and "Print" script steps and replace those steps with Perform Script [ <new print script> ].

Continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
                jimbol46

The issue continued.  I changed the script as suggested and again the same.  To demo that it also occurs when I was printing charts. One chart is portrait and the other is landscape.   I would like to note that a few times the Cancel actually functioned.  When printing and not cancelling it went to good EOJ.

Print_Cmt_Call.png

PageSetUP.png

Script to print chartsData4charts.png

PritnChartfromIphone.png

SampleChartSpclty.png

SampleChartFilm.png

• 5. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
                  TSGal

jimbol46:

Thank you for the information.

Since the script also fails by itself, create a new database file, and attempt the same script steps.  Does this work?  If this also fails, move your database files out of the FileMaker Go work area (via iTunes or another option), and then reinstall FileMaker Go.  Move the new database file back into the new FileMaker Go work area, open the file in FileMaker Go, and run the script again.  Does this work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
                    jimbol46

As the issue is not consistent, yesterday, when canceling it would not clock, I have a similar database for Old Toys Collections, that I did for a friend. That too would not clock.  This morning, the Cartoon Collection one clocked, while the Old Toy Collectors Database canceled and properly when back to the calling screen.

What I am going to next is to Recover an empty clone, then reload the data table by table. I will post the results.

• 7. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
                      Benjamin Fehr

I still have a work around running to deal with another print issue with FMGo. Could be worth a try if this works for this also:

- change 'Custom Menu' to "Full Access" AND set Print Script to "Grant Full Access Privileges"

• 8. Re: Filemaker Go Locking when attempting to cancel printing from a script
                        jimbol46

I did the recover of the empty clone and reloaded all the tables and issue continued.